Joint Pain in Downtown San Diego
Joint pain in Downtown San Diego can occur in any joint in your body, from your knees and ankles to your shoulders and elbows. At Gaslamp Chiropractic in Downtown San Diego, California, the skilled team uses hands-on, drug-free techniques to relieve joint pain and improve your health. Contact the Downtown Gaslamp Quarter office today or book an appointment online to take the first step toward pain relief.
Understanding How Your Joints work in Downtown San Diego
Joints are the areas of your body where two bones meet, such as your hips, knees, or elbows. Your joints contain many parts, including:
- Two or more bones
- Cartilage, a smooth cushion that helps your bones glide past each other
- Ligaments and tendons that connect your bones and muscles
- Muscles that help move and support the joint
All of these parts must be working well in order for you to have proper movement and avoid joint pain.
What causes joint pain?
Since the joint consists of so many parts, joint pain can have many causes. Some of the most common causes of joint pain include:
- Osteoarthritis (wearing away of the cartilage)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation of the lining of the joints)
- Strains or sprains (stress on the tendons and ligaments around the joint)
- Muscle injuries (overuse of the muscles around the joint)
- Bone fractures (broken areas of bone near the joint)
- Tendinitis (inflammation of the tendons in the joint)
Depending on the cause of your joint pain, you may have sharp or dull pain, infrequent pain or pain every day, or pain in different areas of the joint. You may experience additional symptoms such as joint stiffness, redness, swelling, or grinding or popping noises in the joint.
How do chiropractors treat joint pain?
The team at Gaslamp Chiropractic can treat many types of joint pain. First, your chiropractor assesses your joint and its movement. They ask you many questions about your pain, such as when it started and what makes it worse or better.
Once they have determined the cause of your joint pain, your chiropractor creates a personalized treatment plan to address your pain. Your treatment plan may include:
- Manipulation to realign the joint
- Stretching to improve joint flexibility and range of motion
- Massage to reduce inflammation and release tight connective tissue
- Exercises to strengthen the muscles around the joint
- Weight-loss support to relieve strain on joints
- Sports therapy if joint pain results from activity or sports injury
- Posture screenings to identify problems that may cause joint pain
At Gaslamp Chiropractic, the skilled team works with you to determine what treatments are best for you and your lifestyle. They help you relieve joint pain and achieve optimal health and wellness. Contact the office today or book an appointment online to learn more about your treatment options.